Advertise in the Christmas Revels program
One excellent way to support the Portland Revels is to advertise in the Christmas Revels program. Our programs are beautifully-produced keepsakes and include words to the songs shared with the audience. Feel free to download the forms listed below by clicking the file name, or call our office at 503-274-4654 for pricing and deadlines.
PROGRAM AD Specs and Contract Form
SAMPLE PROGRAM ADS
Become a friend of the Revels
Portland Revels is an organization linked with eight other Revels organizations nationwide under the leadership of Revels, Inc. in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Portland Revels produces and supports annual community celebrations incorporating song, dance, music, poetry, ritual and drama from particular cultures or eras, based on traditional materials and customs, most specifically those pertaining to the cycle of the seasons.
Through the work of our part-time staff and a dedicated cadre of volunteers, we have been able to bring to Portland the Christmas Revels annual celebrations, and several other events.
However, ticket revenue does not completely cover the cost of these events. We largely depend on the support of a circle of friends, businesses and foundation donors to provide the critically needed support for our many activities.
Your tax-deductible donation to Portland Revels is an investment not only in our activities, but in the life of the Portland community.
Your gift enables us to provide productions that build connections among people of diverse cultures, and encourage appreciation of the expressive power of many different traditions through the joy of interactive communal celebration.Or you may make a secure credit card donation now by clicking HERE. This will open a new window and take you to Box Office Tickets, our authorized partner for handling such transactions.
Volunteer with the Revels
Join the backstage Revels now! You don't have to be "on stage" to play a supporting role. Many wonderful and busy people provide behind-the-scenes support with gifts of time and talent. Why not consider sharing your skills and learning new ones by helping with the many seasonal or one-time tasks that make a Revels possible?
- Office helpers on a regular or occasional basis. Help prepare ticket orders, mailings. Hone your computer skills! Flexible schedule: a few hours 1-2 days during work week; heavier work during November/ December.
- Schleppers with strong backs to move props, set, etc. Truck or van an asset.
- Callers to phone volunteer BackStagers about specific assignments.
- Gofers: car & weekday hours desirable
- Willing hands to make ornaments and props, and to help at events throughout the year
- Costume and props assistants: help create, mend, maintain props and costumes... excellent machine sewing skills a plus.
- Wardrobe assistants: to help fit costumes at weekend rehearsals. (Sewing skills not a first priority!)
The following volunteer opportunities are needed for the Christmas Revels only and take place at the Scottish Rite auditorium:
- Stagehands: load in at theater one week before performances begin and strike the set on Monday after the final performance.
- Decorating crew: decorate the theater before the performance run begins.
- Sellers: for Revels recordings, books, and other merchandise at performances.
- Ushers: arrive 90 minutes before performance to help to seat the audience; double as cookie- and punch-servers at intermission.
- Wardrobe crew: help dress cast in theater and make minor costume repairs.
- Refreshments crew: shop for/set up intermission cookies and punch; earn everlasting gratitude!
To help, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-274-4654.